I pierced my own eyebrow yesterday. I did it safely, with a sterilized hollow piercing needle, and a sterilized curved ring. My husband is mad, because he detests my piercings. He said in Syria, where he is from, the only women that have piercings are gypsies and whores. But I really do not care. I still beg and beg him to not smoke in the truck. When he takes my brother to work in the mornings, he smokes with the windows up. By the time I am ready to take our daughter to school, the car is full of smoke when I open the door, and it reeks. It's horrible. If he is not going to budge on the smoking issue, I am not going to budge on the piercing issue. My piercings are not putting someone at risk for lung cancer, or emphysema, or anything else. His smoking is. He still smokes with us in the truck, and when he does go to pick our daughter up from school, she comes back and her hair reeks of smoke. From now on, I am refusing to let our daughter ride with him anywhere, and I am not going to go with him anywhere in the truck. I will go without him, because I do not want to end up with lung cancer or breathing problems I plan to get my lip pierced soon. I tried to sit down with him last night, and explain to him that my being pierced does not change my personality, or my heart. It does not change who I am. I had two piercings when we met, and he didn't say anything about them. I don't understand why they are a problem now. If he cares what his friends think, so be it. Let them think what they want. I know I am a good person, and a DAMN good mom, and my friends and family know what kind of person I am...and that is all that matters. He wants me to change who I am, and I refuse to do that for ANYONE. I am who I am, and if you don't like how I look, then don't look at me. It's that simple.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment